Van pick-up time is 3pm but this can be earlier for a £50 supplement providing the van isn’t booked out. On the day of return the van check-in time is 11am with the fuel tank filled.
• Before wild camping, please ensure it’s allowed.
• Be considerate towards local residents
• Treat our vans as you would like yours to be treated.
• This guide was compiled in 2022, please advise us of our of date information.
After leaving Staycation in Dalmuir, your first satnav point is Oban which is just under a 2 to 2.5 hour journey.
Food & Drink in Oban
On arrival in Oben you will be looking for a bite to eat and these are some of my favourites:
• Drew Stephenson
• The Oban Seafood Hut
• The Oyster Inn
• The Oban Inn
Camping and Caravanning Club Site Barcaldine, by Connel, Oban PA37 1SG,
Prices start from £6.30 per night
Oban Caravan and Camping Park Gallanachmore Farm, Gallanach Road, Oban PA34 4QH
Prices start from £18 per night
Sea View Caravan and Camping Park 16 Keil Crofts, Benderloch, Oban PA37 1QS
Tel: 01631 720360 or 07884 034740
As the ferries fill up quickly, planning is essential to avoid disappointment. You are looking at around £50 a return fare for you and a van. www.calmac.co.uk The first ferry sails at 8am, so make sure you leave plenty of time. The ferry takes around 45min with breathtaking views to enjoy long the way.
Mull is a beautiful place full of so much to see, depending on how much time you have to spend on the island. I will keep to our 3 day route but on the next page I will list more of my favourite things if you have the spare to to go just that bit deeper into what Mull truly has to offer.
Mull is a place where you fall in love and if you have more time and can do more than a 3 day route these are other things that you could add to your list of places to visit.
• Ben More
• Eas Fors Waterfall
• Mull Museum
• Langamull Beach
• Maculloch’s Fossil Tree
• Visit the Isle of Staffa
• Duart Castle
• Explore Iona Island
• Climb the pink granite hill
• Taking pictures
• Ulva: one of the most accessible of the Scottish islands surrounding Mull
• Treshnish Isles
• Plan ahead; before arriving on Mull, book your space at a campsite.
• Overnight only at a designated camp site.
• Empty chemical toilet waste at the waste disposal sites. • Dispose of all your litter responsibly.
• Book your ferry before you go www.calmac.co.uk
Tarbet has so much to offer and is a perfect stop for your arrival in the morning and it only takes one hour from Tarbet back to Staycation headquarters. But you still have a full day to enjoy first! Tarbet is a small village in Argyll and Bute and perfect for a road trip day out. If it’s a clear day I would recommend going for a walk called Cruach Tairbeirt which has breathtaking views that over the mountains. There are so many walks to go on and if you are brave enough maybe even a wild dip in the water to wake you up.
Things to remember on return
• Fill up your diesel
• Check out is 11am
• We offer a complimentary car wash service but this must be arranged prior to departure
• All toilets hired must be emptied
• Please leave time for us to do checks when returning
Goodbye for now!
We love our customers and would not be here if it wasn’t for your support. We love what we do and sharing that with fellow van enthusiasts is at the heart of what we do. We hope you loved your journey and are already planning on coming back for more. Scotland is just waiting to be seen.
Love from all the Staycation family. X